Saturday, November 3, 2012

SONG OF A FAERY LOVER


SONG OF A FAERY LOVER

by Ella Young

Swan from the air
Leaf from the bough,
With the Bell-Branch I carry
I charm to me now:
Silver-throated swinging
The bells of it are ringing
Like faery birdlets singing
All so happily.

Hear the faint sweet chiming,
Cadenced and climbing,
Close wound, yet free,
And for sound of the Bell-Branch
Follow me!
Oh follow
O’er foam-crest and hollow.

My white steeds are biding,
Their long manes sliding,
In a wave-curl of the sea.

Hark to their neighing!  

The shaken wave,
The shore wave swaying,
Sinks to the sea:
The wave returns,
Return with me.

I charm your eyes,
I charm your feet,
I charm your heart
With mine to beat,
Flame to white flame
Austere and fair.

I charm you to diviner air.    
             
I am laughter of the sea,
I bear the Bell-Branch,
Follow me!

No comments:

Post a Comment